von Karina Walsh
• 1 cup pecan nuts
• 1 cup almonds
• 1 cup oats
• 1 cup dates
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 2 cups chopped granny smith apple
• pinch of sea salt
• a squeeze of lemon juice
• Preheat the oven to 200 ºC and roast the nuts and oats for
about 10-15 min until slightly brown.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper
• Place the toasted nuts and oats together with the dates, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and process until coarse and crumbly
• Add the apple pieces and and lemon juice and mix until sticky and smooth.
• Transfer the mixture to the prepared tray and spread it evenly (best to use wet hands)
• Bake for about 20-25 min until slightly brown.
• once they are cooled down, take them out of the pan and cut them into bars.
Best to keep them in an airtight container in the fridge.