Broccoli Buns with Cashew Nut Cheese and Smoked Salmon
von Karina Walsh
Ingredients for the buns (about 8 pieces):
- 2 medium broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds
- 1/2 cup of chickpea flour
- salt, nutmeg
- Put the broccoli in a Thermomix and whiz until its almost a pasty consistence.
- Then steam cook it for about 7-8 min. If you do not have a Thermomix just put the broccoli in a food processor and then heat up the paste in a pan for about 5-8min.
• Add the almond and chickpea flour, salt, nutmeg and the egg and mix well.
• Form little patties out of the dough and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them for about 20min at 180 degrees Celsius.
Ingredients cashew nut cheese:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 5 hours in water)
- lemon juice
- salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, garlic powder
- Drain the cashews and place them together with all other ingredients in a food processor and mix.
- Taste and add salt, pepper, nutritional yeast if desired.
- Spread the cashew cheese on top of the buns and then place some smoked salmon over it.
I served it with Avocado and some aubergine. But any lettuce would work really well too.