Christmas Stollen Cookies
von Karina Walsh
Stollen cookies – GF, RSF, VGN
- 80g raisins
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 6 tbsp almond milk
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 100g glutenfree flour
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 90g coconut oil
- 50g chopped almonds
- Skin of 1 organic lemon and 1 organic orange
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- Birch powder sugar for dusting afterwards
- Leave the raisins over night (or for a few hours) in the freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Mix the almond milk with the flour, sugar, coconut oil, citrus grind, salt, cinnamon and cardamom and mix with a hand mixer or in a food processor.
- Add the nuts and drained raisins to the dough and stir them in.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place for about 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Sprinkle some gluten free flour on your work top and roll some of the dough out with a rolling pin. Not to flat please, as they will break otherwise.
- Use cookie cutters and cut out different shapes.
- Bake for about 15-20min until golden brown.
- Dust with the icing sugar.
Towards the end I just formed little Kipferl-shapes (half moon), which was faster.
I thought they were best still warm.